Monday, February 16, 2009

Using Course Concepts in Real Life Part 2! RPM Ventures Pitch

I just made my first pitch to venture capitalists. My team and I made it to the final round of the RPM10 competition. Our basic idea is news recommendations from sources you select. Our biggest challenge and primary activity would be to develop an awesome recommender system. Here's a really cool video about the science behind the Digg recommender system: http://vimeo.com/1242909

It really helped to apply the principles from the Elsbach article, "How to pitch a brilliant idea". While it's not up to me to decide whether our idea is good, I tried to speak with passion and competence (showrunner) while keeping in mind how inexperienced I am (neophyte). So I was making a concentrated effort to listen to and consider the feedback. I think it went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment